This week’s TTT topic was submitted by Nushu @ Not A Prima Donna Girl, and it’s a fun one! Netflix and Hulu and Amazon Prime and all the other streaming platforms out there are coming out with some really fun exclusive or original shows/movies, and lots of them have been based on books! It was fun to think of the books and series I’ve loved for so many years and dream about what could be done with them on screen.
1. The Moose Springs, Alaska series by Sarah Morganthaler would make such a fun TV show! The setting is darling, and all the residents of this town are so wonderful. Only the first book is out right now, but the other two are completely amazing as well!
2. The Well Met series by Jen DeLuca would be so much fun because there’s so much to see at a Renn Faire!
3. The Knitting In the City series by Penny Reid is full of such fun characters that I think I’d love it like I love Friends.
4. The Cedar Street series by Shannon Stacey gives me all the cute, quaint small-town vibes that would be so cute on screen.
5. The O’Neil Brothers trilogy by Sarah Morgan takes place at a ski resort throughout the seasons. The first one is Christmas, and totally magical and I’d REALLY love to see that on screen. The other two books are wonderful, too, though, and I’d really love to see it.
6. The From Manhattan with Love series by Sarah Morgan… ok, she write great series!! This one has lots of Christmas books in it, plus non-Christmas ones and I’d just love a show set in New York with all these great characters!
7. The Search and Rescue series by Katie Ruggle would be suspenseful AND romantic, plus a search and rescue show would be amazing.
8. The Spindle Cove series by Tessa Dare would be a DREAM. I’ve always wanted to visit this place, and I’d love to meet all these characters I love so much!
9. The de Vincent Brothers trilogy by Jennifer Armentrout would have awesome creepy New Orleans vibes, just sayin’.
10. The Love & Gelato trilogy by Jennifer Evans Welch would be so much fun because each book takes place in a different, beautiful country and includes teen love and swoons. What more could I ask for?
What books would you love Netflix (or another streaming platform)
to adapt into a show or movie?