Human scientific research is still in its early phases when it comes to determining the safe and effective dosage of CBD oil ,as well as, people are still unable to understand the possible side effects and the potential benefits of it. So, if there is so much confusion, you should only take it after consulting with your doctor or a physician just like any other medication or supplement.
So first, what is CBD oil & how is it obtained?
CBD oil is a naturally occurring chemical compound which is obtained from the hemp plant; it is also found in marijuana and weed. There are multiple ways of consuming CBD oil; you can take it orally under your tongue, mix it in your food or drink, inhale it through a vape pen and or mix with something in your cigar. It can also be applied in the form of a cream or ointment.
It is generally obtained from hemp and marijuana mainly. Both of these resources have key differences in their THC content. THC is a naturally occurring chemical just like CBD and is found in Cannabis sativa plants. Marijuana has a higher percentage of THC, whereas hemp offers a percentage as low as 0.3 % or less. For this reason, CBD obtained from hemp does not have any psychoactive effects. Pure CBD oil always has strong effects no matter if it is derived from hemp or marijuana.
What is it used for?
- It is used for a number of purposes. Some people use CBD oil to treat specific symptoms such as increased anxiety, an upset digestive system, inflammation, and problems with the immune system. It also helps to cure the symptoms of increased sensitivity to pain.
- People suffering from cancer and receiving terminal therapy treatment can count on CBD oil to boost their appetite and prevent weight loss. It will promote their emotional well-being and help them recover
- Moreover, if someone is prone to acne and psoriasis, CBD anti-inflammatory properties make it promising for both of these problems. You can consult with your doctor to determine the quantity of the oil and the application method to treat these symptoms. Many cosmetic and pharmaceutical companies who deal in dermatological products have started to use it in their products to combat acne, calm inflammation, redness and puffiness.
How long does it take to show the effect?
How long CBD oil remains in your body does directly depend on how you consume it. The best way is to hold it 60 seconds under your tank before swallowing. This will allow the compounds to reach your bloodstream faster and interact with the endocannabinoid system more quickly.
- If you ingest the food, the absorption rate will be 4 to 20%, and it will remain for 30 minutes to 2 to show the effect.
- If it is inhaled, the absorption rate is up to 60%, and it takes 5 to 10 minutes to show the effect.
- If you rub it into the skin, the absorption rate can be up to 45%, and it will take to 20 to 40 minutes to show the effect.
- If you take it under your tongue and keep it there for a few seconds, the absorption rate will be 40%, and it will take 20-30 minutes to take effect.