According to Brandify:
- 77% of people use google maps to find a local business, second place is Facebook at 38% (obviously there is overlap, some people use both)
- 25% of these searches are in the car. This means they might be ‘in town’ or ‘running errands’ and hoping to find someone nearby
- 59% of these are done at home, meaning they are seeking for nearby places
Local Search Fast Facts:
- 78% of local, mobile searches result in an offline purchase.
- 86% of people find the location of a business using Google Maps.
- 61% of people who perform a search on a mobile phone are more likely to contact local businesses who have a mobile-friendly site.
- 88% of consumers view online reviews as trustworthy as a personal recommendation from a friend.
- 18% of local, mobile searches result in a sale within 24 hours.
- There has been a 900%+ growth in mobile searches using “near me” and “today/tonight” (for example “electricians near me” and “concerts near me tonight”.
How to make sure you are found on maps:
- Fill out Google my business
- Fill out Bing places
- Fill out Facebook info
- Complete any free business listing you can – SBA, Chamber of Com, – Community websites, city/county, etc
Google hunts and pecks to find out everything it can about local business. make it easy for them.