The Compliance & Quality Manager is responsible for implementing and managing national regulatory compliance as it relates to manufacturing, storage, and distribution operations in different states/countries. This includes compliance to state-specific industry regulations, all applicable Federal regulations (OSHA), and all applicable other state and local regulations. The scope of this position encompasses ensuring compliance to all state tracking systems, general facility and personnel compliance on the licensed premises, food/product safety and sanitation programs, GMPs, non-conformities, allergen management, pest management systems, internal and external audits, safety regulations, and employee training. This position also helps to lead all new product commercialization efforts and new facility launch efforts from an operational perspective.
- Researches local legislation and provides regulatory compliance guidance for affiliates in several different states
- Implement and manage Quality Systems for multiple facilities in multiple states
- Act as liaison for external regulators (i.e. Health Department, Fire Department, City/State, other third party audits, etc.)
- Assist with tracking affiliate licenses for national, state, local licenses
- Build and implement checklists and assist with internal compliance audits at affiliate locations
- Review and approve packaging and labeling of finished goods to ensure state-specific compliance for finished goods
- Develop and implement SOPs as needed
- Assist and audit affiliate compliance and quality by developing and enforcing programs (equipment training, food safety plan, etc)
- Research needed business partners for affiliates (test labs, food labs, local ingredient suppliers, etc.)
- Support new product launches
- Develop and implement a comprehensive employee training program around Compliance, Quality, and Safety
- Advise the team on food safety/quality trends and recommend appropriate quality improvement or corrective action
- Analyze processes, identify trends, and continuously evaluate manufacturing programs and processes for improvement
- Oversee the pest management program
- Assist with special projects within the scope of Compliance and Quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Travel to additional operating states occasionally is required. All trips must be pre-approved by managers.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree focused in an area of science is preferred
- 3+ years related experience required
- Possess, or capable of obtaining a State Approved Food Handler Permit within 30 days of employment if applicable
- Current cannabis badging/license required by the state if applicable
- Extensive experience in GMP certification of manufacturing facilities preferred
- Experience with Dietary Supplement regulations (21 CFR Part 111) is preferred
- Experience with interpreting regulations, auditing, FSMA, PCQI, or HACCP is a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
BellRock Brands Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Quality Assurance: 3 years (Preferred)
- Cannabis: 2 years (Preferred)
- Compliance: 3 years (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
Company’s Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible